At Purlwell we strive to ensure all our pupils become successful life-long learners who are equipped for all their future challenges. We want them to be confident, articulate and respectful of others, so they become proactive citizens of the future who contribute positively to their communities and society as a whole.
Our Ethos and Values
Together we make it as easy as ABC:
Aspire – Have high expectations for all, including ourselves
Believe – Setting ambitious goals and striving for excellence
Collaborate – We all draw on the expertise of others
Pupils are at the heart of every decision we make.
- To create a caring, stimulating and organised environment where children feel safe, secure, happy and confident.
- To provide high quality enjoyable and awe-inspiring teaching and learning experiences through a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum that meets the needs of all pupils equally, including those with special educational needs.
- To provide opportunities for pupils to develop their speaking and listening skills, expand their vocabulary and develop in confidence, so they are able to speak to and perform in front of different audiences.
- To actively encourage the development of skills and attitudes that will promote independence, perseverance and resilience.
- To promote good attendance of all to ensure there is no lost learning time, because every second counts to succeed.
- To build positive relationships with parents and other stakeholders to work for the benefit of all our community.
- To nurture, encourage and provide opportunities for everyone to reach their full potential.
- To establish a learning community, where through mutual care, respect and consideration everyone supports each other to continually develop and succeed.
- To enable all pupils to achieve the highest possible standards in all areas of the curriculum by investing in resources and CPD opportunities for staff that will facilitate this.
- To ensure all pupils are prepared for the next phase of their education through effective, relevant transition opportunities.
Our aims will be achieved through relevant targets on the School Development Plan, Action Plans and in policies and procedures that underpin good practice.